Shalom! Welcome to Temple Emanu-El’s Religious School!
We are so proud of our program which engages students in an active, meaningful, and collaborative religious school experience. We are of the belief that Jewish life is multi-dimensional and interactive, and we believe its education should be as well. Our Religious School and Shabbat programs are designed to promote a rich, vibrant Jewish culture that challenges students to develop their growing Jewish identities.
Our goal is to help students build their knowledge, competence, and self-confidence as modern young Jews. Our curriculum, combined with our Shabbat youth programming will provide students with a strong foundation and guide the way for their active involvement in the Jewish community in future years.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade Meet (once a week):
- Sundays Mornings from 9:00 AM – 11:15 AM
2nd-5th Graders Meet (twice a week):
- Sunday Mornings from 9:00 – 11:15 AM
- Wednesday Afternoons from 4:00-6:00 PM
6th and 7th Graders Meet (once a week):
- Tuesday Afternoons from 4:00-6:00 PM
- *Additionally they will be required to come in for Kadma classes, as well as B’nai Mitzvah tutoring (which will be scheduled starting approximately 1 year prior to their Bar/Bat Mitzvah Date)
- Basic knowledge in areas of Bible, prayers, holidays, Israel
- Literacy in terms of Hebrew reading, siddur; navigating the Chumash and Biblical text
- Familiarity with Shabbat Services and Shabbat Ceremonies
- Love for and connection to Israel
The Temple Emanu-El Religious School consists of Kindergarten (Gan)-Seventh Grade (Zayin).
If you are interested in joining our Religious School or have any questions regarding our program please contact Tiffany Garavito at, email@example.com or by calling 201-750-2959